Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Photo post

Poor Ed, who I was visiting in Madrid, was supposed to come to the wedding as my guest. He'd had problems getting the time off work. In the end, however, the reason he couldn't come was that he was sick. I spent hours waiting with him first at the doctor's surgery, then at the hospital. They thought he might have got an infection, but it turned out to be what I understand are kidney stones :-(

I'm using Madrid as a base, from which to visit Germany, Portugal, Britain in a couple of weeks, and eastern Europe at the beginning of August. It was very hot and dry in Madrid. High 30s centigrade, with a hot wind that quickly dries eyes, mouths and nostrils. It's a bit cooler in Frankfurt. Perhaps as much as 10 degrees cooler than I've had in Spain.



No comments:

Post a Comment