Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Der Blick aus meinem Fenster


Well, it's not entirely true. The Westhafen Tower is what I see, directly out of my hotel window, but this photo was taken from ground level and outside the hotel.
I walked alongside the river Main to St Leonhard-Kirche (church) this morning, where I met a woman who explained the history of the building in great detail - mostly in German. It was built in the 13th century. The stained glass windows were remade after being destroyed in the Second World War. Some more renovation was carried out earlier this year, to protect against potential flooding from the river.
Later, I went to the historical centre, the cathedral and the Zeil (shopping street). I couldn't help buying myself a pair of jeans shorts for only 10 Euros in H&M. Twice now, airline check in desks have weighed my bag at 18 kilos. I don't know how that happened, but it's 3 kilos more than I'll be allowed on some later budget airline flights in Asia.. so something will have to go. Luckily, I can leave some clothes behind at my parents' house when I get there in a couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment