Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Misty Peak


I have not been up to the Peak for at least fifteen years. Today wasn't an ideal day for my return, but the view was dramatic none-the-less. The photo you see here was taken from just under a cloud and between showers.



My flight arrived at 6 o'clock in the morning. It's been a long day ! The Holiday Inn Golden Mile let me check in at 9.30am, but persuaded me to pay for a room upgrade to get that privilege. I ventured onto the Star Ferry and then took the tram to the Peak this afternoon. I also checked out the Peninsula Hotel, where I plan to take afternoon tea tomorrow !



This evening I had every intention of eating an authentic Chinese meal. That is, until I saw Marks and Spencer's food hall. The chilled cabinet had bargains that were reduced for a quick sale... so I have consumed a humus and roasted vegetable sandwich on multi-grain bread, a rhubarb yoghurt (it was always my favourite in Britain) and a granola slice. All for a bargain $8 (NZ) or £4 (UK).

No comments:

Post a Comment