Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Quick update

Yesterday the internet wasn't working at the accommodation where I'm staying. I immediately assumed it was my fault ! Had I been online too long and used up their data allowance ? Had I accessed some international website that's banned in Russia, and been punished ? In fact, they'd simply forgotten to pay the bill and had been cut off !

Now I'm on an intermittently available free connection, so I'll be fast with this update.

I can now withdraw cash from ATMs -- yay ! I have found a shop where I can buy a new combination lock for my bag. I still don't know about Moscow. People tell me the situation is forecast to improve in the next day or two, but there are still completely conflicting forecasts online. My decision will be made tonight. I think I probably will go, but I'm not entirely sure. I know the airports are all open and functioning well.. so visibility must have improved. Perhaps I'll visit a pharmacy today and buy some face masks.

No comments:

Post a Comment